I got nominated for the Beauty Blogger + Liebster Award. I’m still very new to this so I hope I do this right! I want to thank the lovely FilipinoInsideOut for the nomination! Seriously, thank you so much for thinking of me. I’m so happy to have found this wonderful beauty blogging community. Everyone has been so kind.
I googled the award and found what I’m supposed to do so I hope it’s correct!
First up the questions given to me by FilipinoInsideOut:
- Who is your favorite Beauty Guru? Can I have 2? Firstly Cora from Vintage or Tacky. She’s such an inspiration. She was the first Beauty Guru I found and she introduced to me to this wonderful community, for that she holds a special place. My second would be Lisa Eldridge, I’ve learned so much from her and admire her drive and success.
- What do you use when taking photos for your blog posts? I use my Galaxy Note 3 and a tripod. Eventually I would like to get a profession camera.
- How often do you shop for beauty products? About Once a week, sometimes more, sometimes less. There’s always something new I want to try. That being said, I’m very selective about the products I buy.
- How many pairs of Jeans do you have? About 5, though I mostly wear 2 pairs I got from K-mart. LOL! If I have a couple good staple pairs, I’m happy.
- How old were you when you realized that you love makeup? I’d say about 3. I would watch my mother doing her makeup everyday. She’d let me sit on the vanity, swatch her products, and try them on. Even then I knew I wanted to be involved in the beauty industry.
- What is your favorite social media site? I’d have to say Instagram, I love seeing all the pictures of makeup and fashion. I do enjoy Facebook for keeping up with family and friends. I miss Myspace though.
- Do you think you can start and finish the day without checking your phone even if you have it with you the whole time? I have on occasion done so, I got to be pretty busy for that to happen. LOL.
- Do you shop at thrift stores? We only really have a Goodwill here and I have shopped there. You never know what you’ll find. My Aunt found a Coach purse in perfect condition for under $20. Best thing I’ve found were some military issue combat boots for $8 in my size.
- If you were to get rid of your beauty products and just keep three (3) items amongst them all, what would this three items be? I’d have to keep my Dipbrow Pomade from Anastasia Beverly Hills, Hypnose Drama Mascara by Lancome, and my Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer.
- Do you pray every single day? In my own way, yes I do. I thank my luck stars for the fortunate life i have now. I’ve had a long rough road to get here and everyday I’m thankful, and know how lucky I am to be where I am. To have found such a wonderful future husband, who’s unwavering support, patience, and strength got me this far. And for my incredible family and friends for they’re support and always being there for me. I never thought my life would be like this, so yes I pray.
I read that you can give 11 facts about yourself which is optional but I thought if would give me a good opportunity for you guys to get to know me better. So, here goes:
- I live in decent sized town in the center of Louisiana. It’s the perfect mix of country and city. I live in the busier more developed area so I get the best of both worlds.
- I hate Swamp People and Duck Dynasty. The movie Water Boy gives us a better image than those shows.
- I love memes and funny videos. My brain is pretty much Memebase.
- I love the show Trailer Park Boys.
- I have a unheathy obsession with The Sims 2 and 4. Sims 3 can suck it! LOL.
- I’m a tech nerd. I love new technology.
- I wish I were immortal just so I can see how far technology goes. I kills me I’ll miss out!
- I’m fascinated with human augmentation and cybernetic prosthetics.
- I love BEES!
- Black and gold are my favorite colors.
- I love heavy metal, old school goth style i.e. Siouxsie and the Banshees, The Cure, Fields of the Nephilim. and industrial music like Ministry and NIN… and a bit of techno. I could talk music for hours.
My questions to ya’ll are:
- First Makeup Product you purchased ever?
- Favorite Brand and Why?
- What’s the most popular trend currently where you live?
- Biggest Inspiration for you’re style
- What made you become a Beauty Blogger?
- High end, luxury brands or drug store? Which do you prefer?
- How has your style evolved over the years?
- How many hours do you spend reading beauty blogs roughly?
- How long do you spend getting ready for a night out?
- What’s your ideal night out?
- Where do you see your beauty blog going in the future?
Here’s a great link I found with the info about this award.